Knock is looking for a Product Designer to work with our founding team and help establish Knock as the easiest way for developers and product managers to power delightful notification experiences.
What might make this a great role for you
- You like to move fast. You get excited about joining a team where you can ship value to customers every week.
- You are a systems thinker. You think of design not just as the construction of microinteractions and visuals, but as the construction of a system that solves a problem for its user (and solves it well.) You seek the elegance of a data model where every part has a role to play. When you look at a design, you consider its implications at the system, interaction, and visual levels of design.
- You express ideas through visuals and prototyping. When you approach a design challenge, you mock up multiple solutions to the problem so you can compare their merits. When you design a UX flow, you think through all edge cases and interaction patterns. We spend a lot of time in Figma, evaluating the different ways in which we can deliver value to customers. If that sounds exciting to you, you're a great fit for this role.
- You appreciate a good design system. You are someone that keeps components and styles in the design system up-to-date so you can move faster on future projects.
- You love Figma. 😊 You’re not afraid of auto-layout in your design system components to help future team members use your designs, but you know when to move fast and component-ize later.
- You like the idea of joining an early-stage team where you can play a meaningful part in shaping the direction of the company, product, and culture.
- Bonus: You have front-end development experience. You're excited by the idea of working at an early-stage startup where you have the agency to jump into the FE codebase and make small improvements yourself.
What you'll be doing in this role
- Work with our founding team on the product and design direction of Knock
- Own and develop Knock's brand and visual identity across product, documentation, and marketing assets
- Identify features and improvements that ship quickly and with high quality
- Talk to customers and find opportunities to improve their Knock experience
- Advocate for the product strategy and roadmap that best serves our customers and market
- Create flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Use, improve, and evolve the Knock design system
- Partner with engineers to ensure high quality and deliver the best possible solution for our customers
- Look to other developer-focused products for inspiration on how to build the next great developer tool